- Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas
- initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- The aim of this program is to provide rural people with the right to document their residential properties so that they can use their property for economic purposes.
- This scheme will help in streamlining planning and revenue collection in rural areas and ensuring clarity on property rights.
- This will also help in resolving property related disputes.
- The scheme will enable creation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDPs), leveraging the maps created under this programme.
- The pilot phase will extend to six states – Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
- App to make Gram Panchayats digital
- Single platform for all planning and accounting needs of the Panchayats.
- Standard Operating Procedure will be ensured that the funds given to the panchayats are not misused and transparency can be maintained in its use.