Shri Rajiv Gandhi IAS Academy – Jail Warden Coaching
Syllabus Explanation :
Paper 1: General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Indian Constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles, and Fundamental Duties.
- Indian Polity: Structure of Government, Panchayati Raj, and Urban Local Bodies.
3.Indian Economy: Major Economic Concepts, Economic Planning, and Budgeting.
- Geography: Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- History: Modern Indian History, Major Events, and Freedom Struggle.
- Science and Technology: Contemporary developments, Science in Everyday life.
- Current Affairs: National and International importance, Events of recent significance.
Paper 2: General English
1.Grammar and Usage: Tenses, Sentence structure, Parts of speech.
- Vocabulary Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, and Phrases.
- Comprehension: Reading passages and answering questions.
- Writing Skills: Essay writing, Letter writing, and Precis writing.
Paper 3: Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Verbal Reasoning: Analogies, Syllogisms, Number Series, Coding-Decoding.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning : Pattern Recognition, Visual Memory.
- Numerical Ability: Number Systems, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Data Interpretation.
- Logical Reasoning: Deductive and Inductive Reasoning.
Paper 4: General Awareness and Social Studies
- General Awareness: Current events, Social, Economic, and Political issues.
- Social Studies: Indian Society, Diversity, Culture, Rights Issues, and Social Inclusion.
- Human Rights: Fundamental Rights, Duties, and Responsibilities of Citizens.
- Criminal Justice System: Structure, Key Concepts, and Recent Reforms.
- Basic Psychology: Understanding human behavior and reactions.
Paper 5: Basic Mathematics and Numerical Aptitude
- Number Systems: Integers, Fractions, Decimals, and LCM & HCF.
- Algebra: Polynomials, Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Basic Geometry concepts.
- Data Interpretation: Charts, Graphs, Tables.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates are also required to pass a Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which typically includes activities like running, long jump, and high jump. Specific requirements and standards will be communicated separately.
Interview and Personality Test
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and personality test. This stage evaluates the candidate’s overall personality, communication skills, and suitability for the role of a Jail Warden.
Good luck with your preparation!