INVESTOR RISK REDUCTION ACCESS PLATFORM
- IRRA has been jointly developed by all the stock exchanges – BSE, NSE, NCDEX, MCX and Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India (MSE).
- It was launched by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- The Investor Risk Reduction Access (IRRA) is a platform that will act as a ‘safety net’ for investors in case of technical glitches faced by a trading member or a stock broker registered with SEBI.
- It will provide investors an opportunity to close open positions and cancel pending orders in case of disruption at the stock brokers’ end.
HARYANA’S EMPLOYMENT RESERVATION LAW
Why is in news?
The Punjab and Haryana High Court quashed a law enacted by the Haryana government in 2021 that guaranteed 75% reservation to locals in private sector jobs in Haryana stating that it was unconstitutional and violated fundamental rights.
About the Act:
The Act made mandatory for employers in the State to reserve 75% of jobs paying a monthly salary of less than ₹30,000 (originally ₹50,000) for local residents of the State.
About the High Court ruling:
The court ruled that the law was unconstitutional to the extent that ‘a person’s right to carry on occupation, trade, or businesses under Article 19(1) (g) of the Constitution was being impaired.
- P Valsala was a Malayalam novelist and short story writer.
- She published nearly 20 novels and over 300 short stories.
- She penned several biographies, travelogues, and children’s stories.
- Her important novels include Nellu, Agneyam, Koomankolli, Arakkillam, and Vilapam etc.
- She was known as the narrator Thirunelli, as several of her works depicted the life of the tribals in the Wayanad district.
- She also served as the President of the Kerala Sahitya Academy.
- She was conferred several awards including the EzuthachchanPuraskaram and the Kerala Sahithya Academy Award.
ISO CERTIFICATION AWARDED FOR THREE NOON-MEAL CENTRES IN PUDUKOTTAI
- Noon-meal centres at three government schools in Pudukottai district have bagged ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- It was given for complying with Quality Management System in providing nutritious meals to students.
- The three centres are
- Dharmarajapillai Municipal Primary School in Pudukottai Town
- Panchayat Union Middle School at Kunnandarkovil
- Panchayat Union Middle School at Onangudi.
INTELLIGENT TRANSPORT SYSTEM
- The pilot project of the Intelligent Transport System for the Chennai city is set to be implemented by the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC).
- It will receive funding from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- Intelligent transportation system is the application of sensing, analysis, control and communications technologies to ground transportation in order to improve safety, mobility and efficiency.
- It includes a wide range of applications that process and share information to ease congestion, improve traffic management, minimize environmental impact and increase the benefits of transportation to commercial users and the public in general.
ASIAN PARA ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIPS
- India won nine medals and topped the Asian Para Archery Championships.
- It took place in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The country bagged four gold, four silver and one bronze.